Scroll to the bottom of the page for our printable products!
Have fun on National Art Day!
Pull up some pictures of famous pieces of art and let everyone critique them. Here’s a YouTube video on How to give critique.
Do a painting lesson and sip some wine. Art inspires us to try things. It opens our senses to inspiration and we benefit from art.
Activities that need little to nothing!
Do some virtual art museum tours. Here’s a few we found:
- The Met Museum of Art
- Inside Louvre Museum Paris, Mona Lisa – (Part 1)
- Van Gogh Museum
- Natural History Museum
And a few Songs about art
- Mona Lisa, Nat King Cole
- Vincent (Starry Starry Night), Don McLean
- Picasso’s Last Words (Drink to Me), Paul McCartney and Wings
Movies about Artists
- The Agony and the Ecstasy (1965): NR: The Story of Michelangelo and the Sistine Chapel
- Séraphine (2008): NR: A Tragic Story of Painter Séraphine de Senlis (movie is in French)
- Utamaro and His Five Women (1946): NR: The Fictionalized Story of Kitagawa Utamaro
- Nightwatching (2007): Rated R – Rembrandt and the Murder He Discovered
- Goya’s Ghosts (2006): Rated R – A Fictional Narrative of Goya’s Time
- Artemisia (1997): Rated R – The Trials of Famous Baroque Painter
- Carrington (1995): Rated R – All the Loves of Dona Carrington
- Mr. Turner (2014): Rated R – The last 25 years in life of the Greatest British Painter
- Girl With a Pearl Earring: Rated PG-13 – A Speculative Account of the Life of Vermeer’s Model
- Pollock (2000), Rated R, A film about the life and career of the American painter, Jackson Pollock.
- Frida (2002), Rated R, a biography of artist Frida Kahlo, who channeled the pain of a crippling injury and her tempestuous marriage into her work.
- Big Eyes (2014) PG-13, A drama about the awakening of painter Margaret Keane, her phenomenal success in the 1950s, and the subsequent legal difficulties she had with her husband, who claimed credit for her works in the 1960s.
- Mona Lisa Smile