Looking for our printable products for Hot Tea Month? Scroll down to the bottom of the page!
Warm yourself with these activities and ideas!
As the second most consumed beverage in the world (with over 1,000 flavors!), hot tea has influenced different countries’ cuisine for hundreds of years. Tea even plays a part in many countries’ cultures and their idea of which is the best way to serve tea. Whether you follow the brewing traditions of the English, use Chinese Customs, or only microwave your tea, National Hot Tea Month is best celebrated with a cup and our activities below.
Simple Snack ideas
Having a formal tea time or party would be a great way to celebrate Hot Tea day. Here are some snack ideas:
- Dainty food is the best food for tea parties – finger sandwiches often served at full tea, a heavier style of afternoon tea menu. Classic afternoon tea finger sandwiches include egg salad, tea sandwiches, cucumber tea sandwiches, smoked salmon finger sandwiches, roast beef finger sandwiches, ham finger sandwiches, and chicken salad finger sandwiches. (These types of simple recipes tend to work well for kids’ tea parties.)
- Milk & Condiments – Milk, sugar, and lemon are optional ingredients that your guests can add to their own tea. Depending on the type or types of tea on your tea party menu, you might want to offer milk, sugar, and lemon or only one or two additives. (Although some Americans like to add cream to their tea, this is not traditional in England. Also, adding milk to Earl Grey is not common in England, as the dairy tends to clash with the bergmot flavor in the tea.)
- Scones & Scone Toppings – Scones are one of the most popular foods for tea party menus. They can be sweet or savory, and complex or plain. From basic buttermilk scones, savory cheddar mustard scones, sweet cinnamon scones; there are scone recipes for any style of tea party. If you’re planning a tea party menu for girls, consider serving raspberry scones, which are naturally pink when you mash the raspberries a bit as you stir and knead the dough.
- Try a Cup of Hot Tea Artwork
- Tea Cup candles are beautiful and can be given as gifts
- Make a paper teacup – here is the video tutorial
- Or spend time making homemade tea sachets
Movies with Great Hot Tea Scenes & Just Plain Good Manners
- You’ve Got Mail | (1998 | PG | Comedy, Romance
- How to Make an American Quilt | 1995 | PG-13 | Comedy, Drama, Romance
- The Great Gatsby | 2013 | PG-13 | Drama, Romance
- The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel | 2015 | PG | Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Alice In Wonderland | 1951, 2010 | G, PG | Adventure, Family, Fantasy
- The Great Escape | 1963 | Adventure, Drama, History
- Mary Poppins | 1964 | G | Comedy, Fantasy, Family
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe | 2005 | PG | Adventure, Family, Fantasy
- Pride and Prejudice (BBC Mini-Series) | 1995 | Drama, Romance
- Downton Abbey | 2019 | PG | Drama, Romance
- Paddington | 2014 | PG | Animation, Adventure, Comedy
- Babette’s Feast | 1987 | G | Drama
- Princess Diaries | (2001) | G | Family, Comedy, Romance
- Emma | (2020) | PG | Comedy, Drama, Romance
- The King’s Speech | (2010) | R | Biography, Drama, History