Scroll to the bottom of the page for our printable offerings!
We have curated some fun inspiration for your journey to the foodie capitol of Bologna, Italy!
When you think of rustic Italian, Tuscany isn’t your only location! Use the earthenware colors like terracotta, wine, and dark blush pink with rich greens. You can also just keep it simple and fresh – fresh herbs or greenery, lemons, oranges, and grapes – with white or beige linens are perfect!
And then, there’s food!
If you are having a dinner party, working within your theme, and any given dietary requirements, start by creating a short list of all the Italian recipes that excite your residents. Make it more Italian by serving a primo, secondo, and a dolce. However, you could increase the number of courses if your chefs are feeling adventurous, or start with a simple sharing platter of appetizers for something less formal. But within the basics, there are some musts with celebrating in Bologna –
- tomatoes, basil, and olive oil with mozerella
- pasta Bolognese
- Parmesan cheese
- stuffed pastas
- gelato or Italian ices
Passport and Stamp
Keep up with all the fun destinations by printing this passport booklet. Each destination will have a stamp the resident can color to cut and glue to the passport.
Crafts to Do
- Have the residents make their own Leaning Tower of Pisa. It can also double as a napkin holder for those “Italian celebrations”!
- Mosaic art in Italian colors are beautiful – use naturally occuring colors or the colors of the flag — red, white, and green
- And as always, art is the most Italian thing to do – painting, coloring, or sculpting can be part of your week!
Virtual Tours & YouTube Links
- 4K Bologna, Italy – City Life Documentary Film with Relaxing Music
- Bologna (Italy) – 4K
- Dream of Italy Season 2: Full Bologna Episode
- Food Tour of Bologna, Italy! MUST TRY Bologna Restaurants with pasta, salumi, gelato & more!
- Atmospheric walk. Italy Bologna – 4k Virtual Walking Tour around the City – Travel Guide. #83
- And don’t forget – we always have a playlist of our own with extras!
Movies Set in Bologna and Italy
- Hanno rubato un tram (1954) – the first film ever made in Bologna
- The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)
- Pane E Tulipani (Bread And Tulips) With English Subtitles (2000)
- Cinema Paradiso (1988)
- Angels And Demons (2009)
- The Italian Job (2003)
- Letters To Juliet (2010)
- Il Postino / The Postman (1994)
- Eat, Pray, Love (2010)
- Life Is Beautiful (1997)
- Much Ado About Nothing (1993)
- Roman Holiday (1953)
- La Dolce Vita (1960)
- Under The Tuscan Sun (2003)
- The Perfect Italian Dinner Playlist – Spotify
- Traditional Italian Songs – Spotify
- Italian Restaurant – Music of Italy – Spotify
- Italy in Love – Romantic Italian Music – Apple Music
- Italian Dinner Music Collective on Apple Music