Scroll to the bottom of the page for our printable offerings!
We have curated some fun inspiration for your journey through the Icelandic Terrain of Reykjavík!
Maui has long been a favorite of visitors because it represents everything that people think of when they picture Hawaiʻi: beaches, volcanoes, palm trees, and tropical agriculture. The second-biggest island in the chain, much of Maui’s appeal comes from its natural landscape and biodiversity, including its two massive volcanoes, whale watching, and marine ecosystems, and remote, undeveloped parts of its island, like Hana.
Get out those Hula skirts, leis, and turn up the Hawaiian music! This party will be an easy one for your summer!
- AMBIANCE – you can find inexpensive light projectors online that look like the Northern Lights are on your ceiling
- DECOR – Use the Aurora Borealis as inspiration for your color palette! Or you can use the Icelandic Flag
- Looking for more to do? Try getting your community to have a limbo contest, play beach ball volleyball, or have an old-fashioned water balloon or water squirter fight!
And then, there’s food and drinks!
As one of the Nordics, Iceland’s cuisine heavily influences this diet, though the country also boasts its own unique foods and dishes. One of which is the iconic Ísey Skyr, which has been a mainstay in Icelanders’ diets for centuries! Traditional Icelandic food, at its core, revolves around lamb, dairy, and fish. Fish, in particular, is central to the Icelandic diet. Iceland is an island after all, so this shouldn’t come as a surprise. Here are some foods to get your residents in the spirit:
- Start your party by whipping up a Basil Bliss! – In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 parts vodka with 1 part elderflower liqueur, ½ part sugar syrup and ¾ freshly-squeezed lemon juice and mix. Top up with fizzy grapefruit just before serving and garnish with a few basil leaves per glass. This classic combination also works as a mocktail for anyone who doesn’t fancy a drink – simply prepare the same way, but without the vodka!
- Langoustine soup is hearty and can be made in large batches.
- Icelandic Baked fish is easy to replicate and pass off
- Kjotsupa Lamb stew
- Icelandic pancakes – Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! But in reality, this Icelandic recipe for pancakes can be eaten at any time of day. They’re thin, delicious, and can be dipped in all sorts of tasty treats to make them even more exciting.
- The grand finale – Create-your-own Ísey Skyr pud – High in protein, rich in calcium, and naturally fat-free, Ísey Skyr is loaded with goodness and is the perfect food to end your three-course meal. Make it a sociable affair by serving bowls full of different toppings – such as nuts and chopped fruits – so your guests can customize their dessert. Just make sure there’s lots of honey on the table for drizzling! OR you can try your hand at this Icelandic Skyr Cake and make it dessert!
Ísey Skyr is available in its natural form or can be enjoyed in one of our fresh flavors, including vanilla, blueberry, mango, and strawberry. Find out where to buy here.
Passport and Stamp
Puffins are the most craft-worthy of the creatures of Iceland – this one is easy and requires items usually on hand. It is also more artistic looking.
Virtual Tours & YouTube Links
- We have pulled together a great list of videos for your Reyjavik trip!
Best Movies Filmed in Iceland
- JAMES BOND SERIES: A View to a Kill (1985) & Die Another Day (2002) | PG, PG-13 | Thriller, Action, Adventure
- THE STAR WARS SAGA – The Force Awakens & Rogue One – EPIC LOCATIONS SPANNING ACROSS ICELAND | 2015, 2016 | PG-13 | Adventure, Action , Sci-Fi
- THE GAME OF THRONES SERIES | 2011 | R | Action, Fantasy, Drama
- Lara Croft: Tomb Raider | 2001 | PG-13 | Action, Adventure, Fantasy
- Batman Begins | 2005 | PG | Action, Drama, Crime
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty | 2013 | PG | Adventure, Comedy, Drama
- Oblivion | 2013 | PG-13 | Action, Adventure, Sci-fi
- Interstellar | 2014 | PG-13 | Adventure, Drama, Sci-fi
- Fast & Furious 8 | 2017 | PG-13 | Crime, Action, Thriller
- The Tree of Life | 2013 | PG-13 | Epic Drama, Fantasy
- Journey to the Center of the Earth | 2008 | PG | Action, Adventure, Romance
- Promethius | 2012 | Sci-Fi, Action, Thriller
- Thor: The Dark World | 2013 | PG-13 | Fantasy, Marvel, Action
- Captain America: Civil War | 2016 | PG-13 | Fantasy, Marvel, Action
We have a full list of ambient music and great Icelandic music!