Scroll to the bottom of the page for our printable offerings!
We have curated some fun inspiration for your journey through the Holy Land — Jerusalem, Israel!
A city of tradition, religion, and history, but also, increasingly, of modern culture and heritage, it is a city with so much to offer that you could spend years here and still not see everything.
Use soft fabrics and make a marketplace. Have baskets of fresh fruits and vegetables. Use blankets and pillows tossed around. Decorative vases, stones, rugs, etc. can make it feel more authentic.
And then, there’s food!
Israeli food isn’t just sustenance, it is a part of history and religion. Make sure your meal includes one or more of the following:
- Pita bread
- halva (tahini)
- shawarma ( pita stuffed with meat and topped with tomato, cucumber, hummus, pickled turnips other great items)
- Israeli salad is a simple chopped mixture of tomato, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, and fresh herbs.
Wanna make it fun? Try using google translate and put the Hebrew translation and/or how to pronounce the food on the back of your food cards!
Passport and Stamp
Sand Art Craft
Virtual Tours & YouTube Links
- Here is our Jerusalem and Israel YouTube Playlist
Jerusalem Movie Suggestions
- Schindler’s List | 1993 | R | Biography, Drama, History
- Sorcerer | 1977 | PG | Adventure, Drama, Thriller
- Hit & Run | 2021 |TV-MA | Action, Crime, Drama
- Appointment with Death | 1988 | PG | Crime, Drama, Mystery
- Exodus | 1960 | Action, Drama, History
- Shtisel | 2013-2021 | Drama
- Tyrant | 2014-2016 | TV-14 | Action, Drama, Thriller
Explore Jerusalem in a Novel or Memoir
The full list with brief descriptions are listed here.
- Jerusalem: The Biography by Simon Sebag Montefiore
- Murder in Jerusalem by Batya Gur
- The Jerusalem Puzzle by Laurence O’Bryan
- What Do you Buy The Children of the Terrorist Who Tried to Kill Your Wife? by David Harris-Gershon
- The Rabbi’s Daughter by Reva Mann
- Crossing Jerusalem by Nicholas Woodsworth
- It’s Easier to Reach Heaven Than the End of the Street: A Jerusalem Memoir by Emma Williams
- Jerusalem Maiden by Talia Carner
- Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City by Guy Delisle
- In the Courtyard of the Kabbalist by Ruchama King Feuerman