Scroll down to the bottom of the page for our printable products!
Baby it’s HOT outside!
Christmas doesn’t have to come only once a year: That’s the idea behind the whole Christmas in July thing. It isn’t about the gifts at this time of the year, but about getting together and feeling that holiday spirit!
If you want to gather your friends and loved ones to celebrate Christmas in July on July 24 and 25 (or any other time of the month, here’s how to do it right.
Games & Activities that need little to nothing!
- Bring back the Elf on the Shelf for some summer fun – he needs a vaction, too!
- To encourage seniors to meet new friends, launch a secret Santa program. Residents are given another randomly selected resident. Then, they anonymously leave one small gift each week. In late December, hold a secret Santa “reveal” party where seniors can mingle and meet their new friend.
- Put in that DVD of flickering fireplace flames and get cozy by the fire. It’s a simple yet beloved holiday tradition. Use it for any of your holiday activities for residents to feel more festive.
- Host a holiday trivia night! Use our game to get the party rolling!
- Set out holiday-themed puzzles in common areas. Or, set up a competitive holiday puzzle contest. Teams can compete to see who finishes the puzzle first!
- Show a movie every night – we have compiled a great list below – don’t forget to serve Frozen hot chocolate and of course, Reindeer Chow!
- Get a group of your best (or most enthusiastic) singers and to go door-to-door singing carols to residents.
- Make a Sandman Snowman
- Turn white water balloons into a “snowball” fight
- Play Name that Christmas Carol
- Host a Gaudiest Hawaiian Shirt contest
- Christmas Karaoke is always fun!
Crafts that we found
FOOD AND DRINK
Let the holiday festivities begin! But don’t forget the food and drinks!
- Are you a community where the booze is flowing? Try making batches of Rudolph’s Tipsy Spritzer!
- Reindeer Chow is good at ANY time of year!
- Frozen hot chocolate is good by the pool or while watching a movie – wanna spice it up? Add cinnamon or chili powder. Wanna REALLY get the party started? Add some Kahlua, Amaretto, or Chocolate Liqueur!
- Have the chef do variations on the traditional Christmas fare—consider trying grilled turkey, but pair it with more casual summer sides like salads or grilled corn in lieu of stuffing. Raise a glass of a frozen cocktail in Christmas colors—like strawberry daiquiris and margaritas. And for dessert, icebox pies, ice cream cookies, and snow cones are a perfect holiday finale.
- YouTube music stream of Christmas in July Songs!
- Naples Island in Long Beach, California – Christmas House Walking Tour – put on to watch while playing music
- Beach Christmas Music
Movies to Watch
Christmas in July will return to Hallmark bringing Crashing Through The Snow to the lineup. The annual summer movie celebration will kick off Friday, July 9, and will run until Sunday, July 31.
And here are more movies to watch!
- A Christmas in Vermont (2016) PG-13 | 1h 26min | Comedy, Romance
- Elf (2003) PG | 1h 37min | Comedy, Family, Fantasy
- The Die Hard trilogy (1988-1995) R | Action, Drama, Some Comedy
- Christmas in July (1940) Approved | 1h 7min | Comedy, Romance
- Rudolph and Frosty’s Christmas in July (1979) PG-13 | 1h 37min | Animation, Adventure, Comedy
- Holiday Inn (1942) PG | 1h 40min | Comedy, Drama, Musical
MUSIC – Your Christmas in July Playlists
And here are some essential songs to play!
- Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters – “Mele Kalikimaka”
- Toby Mac – “Christmas This Year”
- Vybz Kartel – “Everyday Is Christmas”
- Colbie Caillat – “Christmas in the Sand”
- Jose Feliciano – “Feliz Navidad”
- Jimmy Buffett – “Christmas in the Caribbean,” “Christmas Island” and “Mele Kalikimaka”
- Jack Johnson – “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”
- Kenny Chesney – “All I Want For Christmas Is a Real Good Tan”
- Jason Mraz – “Winter Wonderland”
- The Beach Boys – “Little Saint Nick”