Scroll to the bottom of the page to view our printable products
We have curated some fun additions for your Life Writing Month!
National Life Writing Month is an annual designation observed in November. This is a busy time for writers, as it’s NaNoWriMo as well! Time to grab your residents and a few notebooks, pens, and highlighters, plug into some good music, and get those creative juices flowing in your community! The goal of National Life Writing Month is to encourage people to write about themselves and their life as they have experienced it thus far (it’s sometimes known as Memoir Writing Month.) And as always, we encourage those personal and family stories, memories, traditions, significant events, and anything else to add to our Daily Delights!
Have your residents send their stories and memories to [email protected] !
Here are some of the best movies about writers and novelists to inspire your residents….
- Adaptation (2002) | R | Dark Comedy, Drama
- Midnight in Paris (2011) | PG-13 | Comedy, Fantasy, Romance
- Sunset Boulevard (1950) | NR | Drama, Film Noir, Classic
- Barton Fink (1991) | R | Comedy, Drama, Thriller
- Capote (2005) | R | Biography, Crime, Drama
- An Angel at My Table (1990) | R | Biography, Drama
- Bright Star (2009) | PG | Biography, Drama, Romance
- In A Lonely Place (1950) | NR | Drama, Film Noir, Mystery, Classic
- Hannah Arendt (2012) | NR | Biography, Drama
- Little Women (2019) | PG | Drama, Romance
- The Hours (2002) | PG-13 | Drama, Romance
- Shakespeare In Love (1998) | R | Comedy, Drama, History
- Can You Ever Forgive Me? (2018) | R | Crime, Drama, Biography, Comedy
- Wonder Boys (2000) | R | Comedy, Drama
- Mary Shelley (2017) | PG-13 | Biography, Drama, History
- The Help (2011) | PG-13 | Drama
- Julie & Julia (2009) | PG-13 | Biography, Drama, Romance
- Miss Potter (2016) | PG | Biography, Drama Romance