We have curated some fun additions for your Bavarian Fun!
- If you celebrated Oktoberfest you can easily reuse many of the same decorations. The blue and white pattern, fall decor, beer steins and felt hats will make your carts look so authentic.
- Add in some pretzels, and accordion or any other German items you may have.
- Munich is one of the most scenic and picturesque places in Germany. Be sure to play up the Alps, Castles, Museums and of course, Oktoberfest.
Food & Beverage Ideas
- I saw these pretzel necklaces once at a beer festival I attended. Your residents can make them as a snack time treat or at a happy hour where beer would be served, of course!
- Make some heart shaped cookies and let the residents decorate them.
- Munich is known for their market place. You could set up tables outside the rooms or outside for them to order coffee. If you have chalk easels be sure to use them as well.
Here’s a link to our printable Activity Booklet that can be done solo! Activities include a word search, some great facts, coloring pages and a dot-to-dot page .
- Munich and the Foothills of the Alps
- Munich Germany
- Highlights of the 1972 Olympics (at 19:25 it does contain Black September footage – skip to 20:21 if you don’t want that footage.)
- German Classical Music (3 hours of classical music)
- Best of Wagner
- 9 German Songs You’ve Heard and Don’t know the Name of (This guy is just fun to watch!)
- Ludwing van Beethoven BBC Documentary (Part 1 of 18) for true fans!