We have curated some fun inspiration for your journey to Morocco!
Food & Decoration Ideas
- Ditch the chairs! Make your residents comfortable and make floor cushions. Use blankets or ottomans.
- Try making some authentic Moroccan Mint tea, or for some libation fun, try out this Morrocan Spiced Mint Tea Julep cocktail! Here’s an interesting article on the history of Moroccan tea!
- Keep things simple and fresh! Make cucumber and lemon water, put out an olive bar with almonds, dates, and dried apricots! Any summery fresh fruit such as canteloupe and oranges will work, as well.
- Hosting a dinner? Try Chicken Tagine with Almonds, Apricots, and Olives
- Layer colorful bedsheets in bright, saturated, jewel-toned colors on the table and add some garden flowers for decoration in small juice glasses.
- You can also create a wall tapestry backdrop using the finished Moroccan patterns colored by residents!
- Have a great display of spices on the table.
Passport and Stamp
Virtual Tours & YouTube Links
People & Culture
Hassan II Mosque
Moroccan Movie Suggestions
Babel – R | 2h 23min | Drama | 2006
La Bandera – approved | 1h 28min | Drama, Romance, War | 1935
Morocco – passed | 1h 32min | Drama, Romance | 1930
Casablanca – PG | 1h 42min | Drama, Romance, War | 1942
Movies & Shows That Will Transport you to Morocco because they were filmed there!
- Morocco: Love in Times of War 2017 | TV-MA | 1 Season | Romantic TV Dramas (set in the tiny Spanish enclave of Melilla on Morocco’s northern coast)
- The Old Guard 2020 | R | 2h 5m | Action & Adventure (Many scenes take place in and around Marrakech)
- Close 2019 | TV-MA | 1h 34m | Action Thrillers
- Mosul 2020 | TV-MA | 1h 42m | Dramas
- The Spy 2019 | TV-MA | 1 Season | TV Dramas
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner 2019 | TV-MA | 1 Season | Social & Cultural Docs (Episode 2, chef visits the city of Marrakech w/ Chrissy Teigen)
- Cooked 2016 | TV-14 | 1 Season | Social & Cultural Docs (About half of Season 1, Episode 3 is filmed in Morocco, starting with a lovely scene of a mother explaining the ancient traditions of baking to her son.)