Looking for our printable activities? Scroll down to the bottom of the page!
We have curated some fun additions for your residents to feel OH, so beach-worthy!
Want to make your residents feel like they have been to the beach? Be sure to get all your residents some neon colored sunglasses to wear while they do these fun activities. Beach themes are easy to incorporate other ideas as well. Have a Shag theme party, Hawaiian luau, or beach picnic. The possibilities are so much fun.
- Water balloon volleyball
- Squirt gun tag
- Fly a kite or play Frisbee
- Beach ball volleyball inside or outside
- Go Fish Card game
- Do a version of limbo that your residents can participate in.
- Do a treasure hunt themed scavenger hunt
Make some cute Photo Memories with some of these props
- Big sunglasses
- Fishing poles
- Sailor hats
- Fish nets
- Blindfold each participant and hide some shaped beach toys in some sand and see if your residents can guess what it is before you reveal it.
- Pass around a little sun tan lotion between changing activities. Let everyone smell it and see if it reminds them of a beach day they’ve had in their past.
- Make “Shark Bait”
- Take a dollar store shovel and fill it with candies, tie a clear wrapper around it and add a bow.
- Use a kiddie pool and fill it with ice to cool down waters or sodas.
- Grill some pineapple, shrimp and chicken skewers
- Serve Blue Kool-aid, goldfish crackers & Mac & Cheese “shells”
- Make non-alcoholic versions of tropical drinks. Here’s one to get you started:
Mock Pina Colada
- Blend pineapple juice
- Coconut milk
Fun Snack Ideas
Cut peanut butter and jelly sandwiches into starfish, and decorate with honey!
Make banana dolphins in blueberry and yogurt cups. Use a marker for eyes, and then cut the end to insert one goldfish cracker to make it even more realistic!
Conversation Starters for your 1-on-1s
- Do you like to swim in the ocean or at a pool?
- What activities do you like to do at the beach? Read? Nap?
- Have you ever been so sunburned at the beach or had it rain for an entire visit?
- Where is your favorite beach?
- Why do you like it?
- Tell me about the coolest thing you ever found on the beach.
- Have you ever made a big sandcastle on the beach?
25 Best Beach Reads
See how many of these great summer books your group can finish by Labor Day.
Ted Talk & YouTube Videos:
Here’s our playlist of beautiful, relaxing background beaches and some fun “Top” lists of beaches in the world!
Movies & TV Shows to Watch
Here are some great Movies, but check back to our Cruise Activity for even more great Movies!
- Blue Crush (2002)
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008) | R | Comedy
- The Beach (2000) Drama
- Finding Nemo (2003)
- 50 First Dates (2004)
- The Blue Lagoon (1980) | R | Drama
- Point Break (2015) | R | Thriller
- Into the Blue (2005) Action
- The Descendants (2011) Dramedy
- Cast Away (2000)
- Beach Blanket Bingo (1965)
- Jaws (if you dare) (1975)
Here are our Summer Beach Playlists
- Here’s our mix of beach music!
- Here’s a Country Beach Playlist
- Here’s an hour of Reggae Island Music
- Spotify’s Retro Beach Party Playlist
- Apple Music’s Surf Essentials Playlist
For Just great Beach Music – Add These to Your List!
- The Boys of Summer – Don Henley
- Summer in the City – Lovin’ Spoonful
- Summertime – Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- Sittin on the Dock of the Bay – Otis Redding
- Summer Breeze – Seals and Crofts
- It’s Summer – Gladys Knight & the Pips
- Summertime Blues – Eddie Cochran
- A Summer Song – Chad & Jeremy
- Hot Fun in the Summertime – Sly and the Family Stone
- Summer of ‘69 – Bryan Adams
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves
- In the Summertime – Mungo Jerry
- Cruel Summer – Bananarama
- Summer Rain – Johnny Rivers
- Suddenly Last Summer – Motels