Scroll to the bottom of the page for our printable offerings!
We have curated some fun inspiration for your journey through the Hawaiian Paradise!
Maui has long been a favorite of visitors because it represents everything that people think of when they picture Hawaiʻi: beaches, volcanoes, palm trees, and tropical agriculture. The second-biggest island in the chain, much of Maui’s appeal comes from its natural landscape and biodiversity, including its two massive volcanoes, whale watching, and marine ecosystems, and remote, undeveloped parts of its island, like Hana.
Get out those Hula skirts, leis, and turn up the Hawaiian music! This party will be an easy one for your summer!
- AMBIANCE – Hire a hula dancer to give a lesson to residents
- DECOR – Transform your Dining Room with fun luau-themed décor, like palm tree table centerpieces, which will instantly convert your Dining Room into a tropical setting. Add a few table skirts to the large serving tables, which can also be used to dress up any desks or side pieces in your common areas. Fill the Dining Room with other Hawaiian-themed décor like coconut cups, bamboo torches, and inflatable palm-trees.
- PHOTO OPS – We know you have to be sure to take plenty of pictures during the luau. Start off by placing Hawaiian backdrops throughout your community so that residents and family members can take their own pictures in front of the tropical scenery. Some garden centers will donate plants such as ferns and miniature palms for use as long as they are returned!
- Looking for more to do? Try getting your community to have a limbo contest, play beach ball volleyball, or have an old-fashioned water balloon or water squirter fight!
And then, there’s food and drinks!
- Skewered kabobs are great! Make sure to add pineapple!
- Trays loaded up with fresh tropical fruit and vegetables will keep guests full and give healthy choices.
- Try out some poi!
- Pina Coladas are great with or without the rum!
Passport and Stamp
Keep up with all the fun destinations by printing this passport booklet. Each destination will have a stamp the resident can color to cut and glue to the passport.
Although fresh flower leis are beautiful, they don’t last very long. However, these EYELASH YARN LEIS from The Artisan Life can give you everlasting ones!
Pool Noodle Cactus (Great for giving your tables a tropical flair!)
These Hawaiian Beach Glass Party Lanterns from Organized 31 would make gorgeous table centerpieces!
Easy Toilet Paper Roll Tiki Mask (So cute & funky! We couldn’t resist!)
Virtual Tours & YouTube Links
- We have pulled together a great list of tourist, history, and relaxation videos for Maui and Hawaii!
Best Movies Filmed in Maui & Hawaii
- 50 First Dates | 2004 | PG-13 | Romance, Comedy
- Tropic Thunder | 2008 | R | Comedy, Action
- The Descendants | 2011 | R | Drama, Comedy
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall | 2011 | R | Comedy, Romance, Very raunchy but hilarious
- Soul Surfer | 2005 | PG | Action, Drama, Biographical
- Jurassic Park & Jurassic World | 1993-2015 | PG | Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
- Pearl Harbor | 2001 | PG-13 | Action, Drama, Historical
- Punch Drunk Love | 2002 | R | Romance, Drama, Some Comedy
- North Shore | 1987 | PG | Drama, Action, Romance
- Six Days, Seven Nights | 1998 | PG-13 | Action-Adventure, Comedy
- Raiders of the Lost Ark | 1981 | PG| Action, Adventure, Romance
- Blue Hawaii | 1961 | Comedy, Classic
- South Pacific | 1961 | NA | Musical, Comedy, Romance, Classic
- From Here to Eternity | 1953 | NA | Drama, Romance, Classic
- Aloha | 2015 | PG-13 | Comedy, Drama
- Point Break | R | PG | Drama, Suspense, Crime, Action
- Riding Giants | 2004 | PG-13 | Documentary, History, Sport
We have a full list of ambient music and great Hawaiian music!
- Over the Rainbow – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- Tiny Bubbles – Don Ho
- Hawaiian Wedding Song – Elvis
- Hiilawe – Gabby Pahinui
- I Kona – Ledward Kaapana
- Ka Uluwehi O Ke Kai – Hapa
- Kauanoeanuhea – Keali’i Reichel
- Pearly Shells – Don Ho
- Local Boys – Na Leo Pilimehana
- Let’s Talk Story – Hawaiian Style Band
- Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride – Mark Keali’i Ho’omalu and the Kamehameha School Children’s Chorus
- Na Hale O Naue – Mahi Beamer
- Waika – Brothers Cazimero
- Flying With Angels – Na Leo Pilimehana
- Kona Red – Ho’aikane
- Guava Jelly – Ka’au Crater Boys
- Home in the Islands – Brothers Cazimero
- Honolulu City Lights – Beamer Brothers
- Island Love – Peter Moon Band
- Waikiki – Andy Cummings
- About You – Cecilio & Kapono
- Akaka Falls Hula – Nathan Aweau
- Take Me Home Country Road – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- Love & Honesty – Hawaiian Style Band
- I Miss You My Hawaii – Na Leo Pilimehana
- Waterfall – Willie K.
- Island Style – John Cruz
- Hele On To Kauai – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- Kokomo – The Beach Boys
- Shave Ice – Loyal Garner
- Mr. Sun Cho Lee – Beamer Brothers
- White Sandy Beaches – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- Drop Baby Drop – Mana’o Company
- Ku’u Home O Kahalu’u – Olomana
- Maunaleo – Keali’i Reichel
- He Mele No Lilo – Mark Keali’i Ho’omalu and the Kamehameha School Children’s Chorus
- E O Mai – Keali’i Reichel
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Spirits in the Wind – Willie K.
- Lei Pua Kenikeni – Mark Yamanaka
- The Pina Colada Song – Escape
- Little Grass Shack – Melveen Leed
- Bubble Toes – Jack Johnson
- Fish and Poi – Sean Na’auao
- Menehune Beach Bum Boogie – Imua
- Back to the Island – Leon Russell
- Blue Hawaii – Elvis
- I’ll Remember You – Kui Lee
- Mermaid – Train
- Kanaka Wai Wai – Olomana