We have come up with several ways for you to celebrate & say “Happy Father’s Day!” to the dads in your life!
Father’s Day is an occasion to mark and celebrate the contribution that a father has made to your life. Many people send or give cards or gifts to their fathers. Common Father’s Day gifts include sports items or clothing, electronic gadgets, outdoor cooking supplies and tools for household maintenance.
Father’s Day is a relatively modern holiday so different families have a range of traditions. These can range from a simple phone call or greetings card to large parties honoring all of the ‘father’ figures in a particular extended family. Father figures can include fathers, step-fathers, fathers-in-law, grandfathers and great-grandfathers and even other male relatives. In the days and weeks before Father’s Day, many schools and Sunday schools help their pupils to prepare a handmade card or small gift for their fathers.
Today is ALL about the DADS in our lives – and here are some ways to celebrate and show some love:
Games You Can Play
- Longest putt – who can put a ball into a cup from the longest distance? This can be a great outdoors social distancing game!
- Of course there’s always Cornhole, but how about a tie tying contest? Have awards for fastest, most intricate, most neatly done, etc.
Food & Drink Ideas
Here are some recipes you can either prepare for your guys or let them enjoy making!
- SpicyTortilla Chips served with cheese sauce, hummus, or guacamole
- Using the grill? Try fixing the corn on the cob in their husks. Make a Chipotle-lime juice butter to take it over the top!
- And what man could resist these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers (these are baked, not fried)
- Need something super easy? Try this Cowboy Caviar it can go with almost anything. BBQ to Hot Dogs or even just on tortilla chips. It’s as simple as tossing everything together.
- BBQ is ALWAYS a hit in June! Have a Father’s Day BBQ and BBQ sauce tasting!
- Have a beer or coffee tasting for the gourmet dads!
- Donuts & Dads is a common theme – use our cart decorations to spice up donut deliveries!
- How about a Frozen Boozy Arnold Palmer? These can easily be made without alcohol as well.
- Are you having a brunch well this Beermosa would definitely be a hit! (They list a special bear, but any Wheat Ale – such as a Blue Moon – would work just fine.)
- Need to keep it simple? No problem Serve a ginger ale, just dip the glass rims in crystallized ginger and garnish with a lemon.
Father’s Day Activities
- Take a walk through nature – in the park, on an easy hiking trail, or through the neighborhood.
- Have a photo contest. Provide hats, ties, glasses, fake beards, etc. Let all the men take selfies with each other and have fun comparing all the pictures.
- Know some great classic car owners? Invite some classic cars, muscle cars or whatever to show them off to the guys.
- Have a massage or an old fashioned shave and haircut station set up
- Watch your local baseball game with all the snacks
- How about a poker game? Use pennies or play money to make it fun and lighthearted.
- Host a potluck or cater a BBQ
- And of course, there’s always our Movie and Song picks for the fellas of your community!
- Do a beer tasting
- Go Bowling or hit some golf balls!
Here are our Printable Offerings for Father’s Day
Father’s Day Printable Activities
Father’s Day Print & Go Cards Generic
Father’s Day Print & Go Cards “Like a Father”/Stepfather
Father’s Day Cart Decoration Signs
Father’s Day Color Me Cards
Father’s Day Print & Go Gift Tags
Father’s Day Coloring Pages
Father’s Day Printable Certificates
Father’s Day Banners
Coffee & Donuts Cart Signs
Conversation Starters for your 1-on-1s
These are great for conversations, or writing prompts! (You can even send written answers into the Resident Tales and have your residents see their writing in print!)
- What was your relationship with your own father like?
- Was there something your parents did when you were a kid that you swore you’d never do yourself?
- How have your notions of what it means to be a parent changed over your lifetime?
- When did you know you were ready to have kids?
- What was the first year of fatherhood like for you?
- What do you want or wish most for your kids?
Movies & TV Shows to Watch
- Mr. Mom (1985),PG, Comedy, Drama
- Mrs. Doubtfire (1993), PG-13, Comedy, Drama, Family
- Cheaper By the Dozen (2003), PG, Comedy, Family
- Three Men And A Baby (1987), PG, Comedy, Drama, Family
- Dad (1989), PG, Comedy, Drama
- Definitely, Maybe (2008), PG-13, Comedy, Drama, Romance
- The Game Plan (2007), PG, Comedy, Family, Sport
- Grown Ups (2010), PG-13, Comedy
- The Pursuit of Happyness (2006), PG-13, Biography, Drama
- Parenthood (1989), PG-13, Comedy, Drama
- 17 Again (2009), PG-13, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), PG-13, Action, Adventure
- Field of Dreams (1989), PG, Drama, Family, Fantasy
- Daddy’s Home (2015), PG-13, Comedy, Family
- Father of the Bride (1991), PG, Comedy, Family, Romance
- Imagine That (2009), PG, Comedy, Drama, Family
- Taken (2008), Action, Crime, Thriller
- Daddy Day Care (2003), PG, Comedy, Family
Songs for Dad’s Day
- My Father’s Eyes, Eric Clapton
- Color Him Father, The Winstons
- Dance with my Father, Luther Vandross
- The Best Day, George Strait
- Unforgettable, Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
- Father and Daughter, Paul Simon
- My Girl, The Temptations
- Father to Son, Queen
- Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel), Billy Joel
- Papa Was A Rolling Stone, The Temptations
- Song for Dad, Keith Urban
- The Living Years’, Mike & The Mechanics
- Winter, Tori Amos
- Love Without End, Amen, George Strait
- Isn’t She Lovely, Stevie Wonder
- My Father’s House, Bruce Springsteen
- Cat’s In The Cradle, Harry Chapin
- Tears In Heaven, Eric Clapton
- Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy), John Lennon
YouTube Videos for the Holiday
- Dad Jokes: Father’s Day Video For Church | Sharefaith.com
- Don’t Laugh!: Dad Jokes Edition | Father’s Day | Willow Creative
- Dad Jokes | You Laugh, You Lose | Will Ferrell vs. Mark Wahlberg | All Def