Scroll to the bottom of the page for our Printable Products & Activities
Break out the nachos – it’s Super Bowl Sunday!
Super Bowl Sunday LVI is February 13, 2022! Here are some ideas to get the party started!
How to easily decorate for the Game of the Year!
- Use a green table cloth and mark white lines evenly spaced to resemble a football field
- Use colored cups in the team’s colors. Put large numbers on the cups to represent the players. Fill the cups with pretzels, chips, and crackers.
- Serve canned and bottled drinks from a cooler
- Borrow a couple of helmets from kids and use them as centerpieces
- Make cupcakes with helmets and footballs on top or sprinkles in the team colors who are playing
- Use yellow napkins and label the bucket Penalty Flags
- Have a tailgate themed party or happy hour. Use some of these easy to make tissue paper pom poms for some of the decorations or these pennants and megaphones. Easily add the residents’ names or their favorite team to them and string them together in your activity room or use on their front door for decoration.
Games to Play
Super Bowl Squares
Download our game grid here.
The game within the game. You can even wager with this fun game. The object is to have the square that matches up to the score of the last digit of each team at the end of every quarter and the final score.
How to Play
Each square has a corresponding row and column number. At the end of each quarter, look to see if those two numbers match the end digits of each team’s point total. An example: after the first quarter if it is Buccaneers 10, Chiefs 7, then the player with the square that corresponds with 0 for Tampa Bay and 7 for is the winner.
The setup for Super Bowl squares is simple. A pool consists of 10 vertical columns and 10 horizontal rows thatched together and numbered from zero to nine. One Super Bowl team gets the columns and the other gets the rows. Each of the 100 squares inside is purchased individually.
How to win
At the end of every quarter, the person whose square corresponds with the second digit of each team’s score wins (for example, a 14–7 score at the end of the first quarter pays out the owner of the square at row 4, column 7). Often, if a square is unowned, you can rollover the money to the next quarter.
Field Goal Ring Toss
Make a simple football field goal out of PVC pipes and use it as a ring toss game.
Used colored goldfish and let the residents toss them onto a grass-lined “footfall field”. See who can get closest to the centerline.
Play Commercial Bingo
Each resident will pick up a blank bingo card and a pen or marker and fill in each of the squares on their card with a type of ad they think they’ll see during the game. For an easier version of the game, fill in categories of commercials like “chips,” “fast-food restaurants,” or “pick up trucks.” To make the game a little more challenging, you could even use specific name brands. Then, as each type of commercial plays, just cross it off on your card; the first person with a Bingo wins!
Want to relive some of the best commercials from Super Bowls past? Check out these great videos:
Conversation Starters for your 1-on-1s
These are great for conversations, or writing prompts! (You can even send written answers into the Resident Tales and have your residents see their writing in print!)
- What was the best Super Bowl you ever remember watching?
- What team uniforms do you think are the best looking?
- What mascot is your favorite? Where do you think it came from?
- What do you consider to be the most memorable Super Bowl commercial?
- Who was your favorite Super Bowl half-time entertainer?
College & Football Themed Movies to Watch
- Old School (2003) R
- Animal House (1978) R
- House Bunny (2008) PG-13
- Legally Blonde (2001) PG-13
- Accepted (2006) PG-13
- Pitch Perfect (2012) PG-13
- The Internship (2003) PG-13
- Remember The Titans (2003) PG
- Brian’s Song (1971) G
- Leatherheads (2008) PG-13
- The Blind Side (2009) PG-13
- The Longest Yard (2005) PG-13
- Friday Night Lights (2006-2011) TV Series – TV-14
- The Replacements (2000) PG-13
- Rudy (1993) PG
- Varsity Blues (1999) R
- Silver Linings Playbook (2012) R
- Radio (2003) PG
- Little Giants (1994) PG
- The Waterboy (1998) PG-13
- Jerry Maguire (1996) R
- We Are Marshall (2006) PG
- The Game Plan (2007) PG