We have curated some fun additions for your Christmas in July Fun!
Here are some things you can do to help plan Christmas in July!
Games & Activities that need little to nothing!
- Make a Sandman Snowman
- Turn white water balloons into a “snowball” fight
- Play Name that Christmas Carol
- Host a Gaudiest Hawaiian Shirt contest
- Christmas Karaoke is always fun!
Food & Beverage Ideas
Drinks with Alcohol
Make Eggnog Coladas!
A frosty, holiday take on the piña colada, made with eggnog, Frozen Pineapple Chunks, and coconut rum.
- 6 oz Eggnog (You can use Silk Holiday Nog in case of lactose intolerance)
- 2 cups Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 3 oz Coconut Rum
- 1 oz Dark Rum (or if you feel so inclined, you can use Bourbon)
- Put everything but the dark rum in the blender. Whip until it’s smooth and frothy. If it’s a little thick for your taste, add 2 parts eggnog to 1 part coconut rum. Note that different nogs have different consistencies, so adjust accordingly!
- Serve with a float of dark rum. This recipe makes 2 servings.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 2
Drinks without Alcohol
- Whip up some Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Did you know there is such a thing as Grinch Punch? Neither did we!
- Make Peppermint S’mores! Recipe is here!
- Watermelon Christmas Trees are in season!
- Make some Reindeer Chow
- 14 cups Chex cereal
- 18 oz holiday m&ms
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar or chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- Melt the peanut butter and butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30 second intervals until butter is melted. Add the chocolate a little at a time until all is melted into the mix. You might need to microwave one last time to make sure everything is melted and add the vanilla. Stir together.
- In a large bowl add half of the cereal. Drizzle half of the chocolate peanut butter mixture into the cereal in the bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- Place one large paper bag into another one. Add 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and half of the mixed cereal into the bag. Close this tightly and shake vigorously. Add more powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time if needed until all the cereal is coated. Add 1/4 of the m&ms into the bag and toss. Place in an air tight container.
- Continue these step with the remaining ingredients. Keep stored in an airtight container. I personally love to keep it in the freezer, YUM!
Extra Fun We Have Found
Ocean in a bag: https://craftulate.com/ocean-sensory-bag/
- Make blue jello in bowls or light colored plastic pans. Provide each resident with crumbled granola or old cookies and dollar store sea creatures.
- Put sand in a tub and have residents put hands or feet in it. Let them close their eyes and smell coconut or suntan lotion. See if it reminds them of a trip to the beach.
Umbrella Drink Wreath: http://cfabbridesigns.com/holidays/christmas/easy-easter-wreath/#.XwNs2yhKiUm
Conversation Starters Game or Questions for your 1-on-1s
Write the following questions on a beach ball. Pass or toss it to participants. Whoever catches the ball answers the question under their thumb. OR – these are great for conversations, or writing prompts! (You can even send written answers into the Resident Tales and have your residents see their writing in print!)
- What was a favorite Christmas from your past?
- What was Christmas like for you as a child?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- What are three things that brought you joy in the last year?
- What is your favorite Christmas song? Why?
- What was the best gift you ever gave? Who was it to?
- What does Christmas mean to you?
- What would you have on your Christmas wish list?
Fun Christmas Movies to Watch
Hallmark’s “Christmas in July” Movie Marathon Is Here — Here’s How You Can Stream It for Free:
If you don’t have cable TV (or the Hallmark Channel isn’t included in your cable package), you can still watch Hallmark’s holiday movie marathon online. Just sign up for a free trial with a cable streaming service such as Philo. Viewers will not only be able to stream Hallmark’s movies live using Philo, but also catch them on-demand whenever they wish. At $20 per month after the free trial period, Philo is the cheapest option if you want to continue an online cable streaming subscription. Of course, it isn’t the only streaming service that carries the Hallmark Channel: Fans can also watch with Sling TV or Fubo TV, both of which offer seven-day free trials as well.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989)
- Christmas In July (1940)
- Holiday In the Wild (2019)
- Almost Christmas (2016)
- Last Holiday (2006)
- The Holiday (2006)
“Beachy” Christmas Music for Your Playlist
- “The Beach Boys Christmas Album” by The Beach Boys
- “Mele Kalikimaka” by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters
- “Everyday Is Christmas” by Vybz Kartel
- “Christmas in the Sand” by Colbie Caillat
- “Feliz Navidad” by Jose Feliciano
- “Christmas in the Caribbean” by Jimmy Buffett
- “Christmas Island” by Jimmy Buffett
- “Mele Kalikimaka” by Jimmy Buffett
- “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” by Jack Johnson
- “All I Want For Christmas Is a Real Good Tan” by Kenny Chesney
- “Winter Wonderland” by Jason Mraz